Mysore,the cultural capital of the state of Karnataka,is a city renowned in south India for its pristine and majestic appearance. The ancient beauty of Mysore,its kept gardens,ancient mansions and cool shady roads leave a lasting impression on every traveler who visits here.
The city of Mysore is also known as the city of sandalwood, where the fragrance of sandalwood and the scent of roses and other fragrances always linger. It is also proudly called he ivory city and the palace city.
Masala dosa is the most popular and traditional dish of south India, a favorite of everyone from kids to adults. It has a special reception among the food lovers as well. Masala dosa is made and tasted by people in different regions. It is believed to have originated and spread in Mysore, Karnataka and it is worn throughout India.
- Dosa flour – 2 cups
- Potatoes – 2
- Green peas – 2 tsp
- Chick peas – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Ginger – one inch piece
- Green chillies – 3
- Coriander – a little
- Curry leaves,mustard seeds,cumin seeds,fenugreek seeds oil – for seasoning
- First, In a vessel add everything except coconut without oil roast it until fragrant.
- Add coconut and salt and grind it into a paste. To make the masala boil potato and green peas.
- Slice the onion lengthwise, Soak the pulses and grind them. Grind the chilies and ginger into fine powder. Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds,fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds asafodida and curry leaves. Add onions and sauté with little salt.
- Then pour the ground dall and stir until the raw smell goes away. Add dal,peas,turmeric powder and stir for five minutes,turn off the stove, sprinkle coriander leaves and stir.Masala is ready now.
- Heat a dosa tawa and take a dosa flour and roll it into a thin dosa.Once the dosa is partially cooked,spread the masala evenly over the dosa and leave for two minutes. Delicious Mysore Masala dosa is ready.
- The batter should be in correct consistency it has to be thick,moderate dense and of pouring consistency.
- Serve crisp restaurant style masala dosa hot with coconut chutney and sambar.