The ancient tamil civilization city called ‘Madurai’ has risen on the bans of vaigai river. Sirumalai mountain ranges ar located in the north ad nagamalai mountain ranges in the south.
The culture is still alive today in Madurai can be seen clearly.Restaurants open at any time of the night and transport facilities are a sight not seen in any other city.Madurai is currently the second largest city in Tamilnadu.
Madurai Kari dosai Exclusive
Madurai kari dosai is always special,Madurai is famous for non vegetarianism than vegetarianism. The secret of the masala powder they grind,cook the mutton curry and add it to the dosa batter. People flock to the smell of cooking spicy masala powder sprinkle with coriander.
- Minced Mutton – 200 grams
- Turmeric powder – half tsp
- Onion – one
- Egg – 3
- Half teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- Chilli powder – one tsp
- Coriander powder – ¾ tsp
- Dosa flour – one cup
- Tomato – 1
- Anise – half tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Oil -3 tsp
- Mustard – ½ tsp
- Salt – as required.
- First add a quarter teaspoon of chilli powder and salt to the curry and boil it in the cooker until it whistles 2 times. The curry should be well cooked.
- Then beat the egg. Then pour oil in the pan and season with mustard and anised.Add onion to it and sauté.Add ginger and garlic paste and sauté until it smells green. After adding tomatoes, add other powders except pepper powder and sauté.
- Then add the boiled curry with water and let it boil and when it becomes a thick misture,drain it.
- Now keep the dosa pan on sim and pour the batter in small puffs. Once it is lightly cooked pour a spoonful of egg.
- Then spread a spoonful of curry over it. Then sprinkle a quarter tsp of pepper powder on top and put oil around it and press the dosa. Leave it for a minute and the delicious Madurai kari dosa is ready.
- Any boneless meat works well with this dosa.
- The consistency of the curry should be thick.
- Do not skip any spice which adds the flavor to this dish.